I know that when I do the percentage connected calculation there are many, many people in my church that have no one to turn to when tough times come. They have no one to celebrate life’s wonderful moments and no one to weep with them when life is hard. Unconnected people are always one tough thing away from never being at our church again. See also, What Percentage of Your Adults are Actually Connected? and What’s Your Urgency Level for Connecting Unconnected People?
I know all of this about my church. And I know it about your church too.
Therefore I press on with my mission.
Here are my top 10 articles on building community:
- This Is Why We Need Community
- Four Countercultural Characteristics of Authentic Community
- Note to Senior Pastors: Authentic Community Begins with You
- 3 Prerequisite Convictions for Senior Pastors Who Experience Authentic Community
- 5 Key Ingredients that Motivate a First Step Toward Community
- True Community or a Smaller Version of the Weekend Service?
- Building Biblical Community (featuring Bill Donahue and Steve Gladen)
- This Study Changes the Game: Community: Starting Well in Your Group
- New from Heather Zempel: Community Is Messy
- Review: The Good and Beautiful Community
Image by Susanne Nilsson