Although you never want to give up prematurely…there are signs that it’s time to throw in the towel. Let’s just say if very many of these happen…it might be a sign:
- Your capital campaign reaches the hallelujah goal and you can finally build the Taj Mahal of adult education space with a lifetime supply of rows!
- You have a recurring dream of napping in a row in theater style chairs with headrests and cup holders.
- You discover that 2% of the grab-and-go hosts really were ax murderers.
- Your end of the year host survey revealed that 2013′s most popular small group study was The Secret.
- The preferred future your senior pastor casts vision for sounds suspiciously like a smaller version of the weekend service.
- You can’t find enough Bible school graduates who are church members, will commit to your monthly three hour leader’s meeting and give at a tithing level to meet the need for group leaders!
- Your end of the year evaluation of your coaching structure reveals that being an elder may not qualify you to be a coach.
- In a stunning development, flannelgraphs are the surprise comeback media hit of the year!
- The follow up to Willow Creek’s Reveal study demonstrates conclusively that the optimal environment for life-change is a row!
- It turns out that better fill-in-the-blank workbooks are the secret key to making disciples who make disciples.
What do you think? Have one to add? You can click here to jump into the conversation.