First of all, you’re not alone. Okay? Everyone’s had these thoughts from time to time.
Here are the top 10 reasons to discontinue small group coaching:
- We tried coaching back in 1988 after a Meta Church conference and it never really caught on.
- The coaches we recruited in 1988 have a lifetime gig like a Supreme Court justice and we can’t figure out how to impeach them!
- Once our apprentices finish their 5 year apprenticeship to birth a new group…they know everything Carl George, Steve Gladen and Bill Donahue know and are already fully devoted followers with the character and heart of Jesus.
- We couldn’t find anyone whose SHAPE and DiSC profile along with their Myers-Briggs type indicator could overcome their Monvee spiritual inhibitor!
- Several of our coaches were charged with illegal recruiting practices.
- It turns out that being an elder doesn’t automatically make you a good coach.
- The only people who applied for the position were multi level marketers building their downline.
- Our small group leaders already have all the answers and are everything they’re ever going to be.
- Our small group pastor loves personally interacting with 37 small group leaders every month.
- Our small group leaders never really enjoyed being water-boarded during the monthly interrogation!
Need help building your coaching structure? Here are my Top 10 Articles on Small Group Coaching. Don’t give up. Just stop water-boarding your leaders!