Think you have it figured out? What if it turned out that the very thing you thought was a fact…was actually more or less an old wive’s tale?
I’ve always loved this line by a former Librarian of Congress:
“The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance – it is the illusion of knowledge.” Daniel J. Boorstin
Examples of the illusion of knowledge?
- The world is flat.
- Bloodletting prevents illness and disease.
- It is impossible to run a four minute mile.
- You have to be a member of a group before you can lead one.
- Apprenticing is the key to group multiplication.
- The deepest small groups just use the Bible for curriculum.
Want do you think? Have one you want to suggest? You can click here to jump into the conversation.