Is it time to change direction? Try something new? Admit that old faithful isn’t working anymore? Or would one more try really be the right thing to do?
Here are my top 1o reasons to give a failed strategy one more chance:
- Failure is such a harsh word. You prefer to think of it as not quite succeeding.
- You are inspired by Maxwell Smart and think of it as “missing it by that much!”
- In the words of Woody Allen, “80% of success is just showing up.”
- You’ve already got budget for it!
- If at first you don’t succeed, eventually mediocre will come back in style.
- Thirteenth times the cha–what?
- You’ve already got the rooms reserved!
- You think Eugene Peterson’s A Long Obedience in the Same Direction is about being persistent.
- Turns out Einstein had it wrong. ”Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results” is the definition of longsuffering!
- Andy Stanley is really prone to exaggerate. Your ministry is probably only sort’ve designed to produce the results you’re currently experiencing.
What do you think? Have an idea? Want to argue? You can click here to jump into the conversation.