I’ve been waiting for this one to arrive! Based on a 2013 message series by Andy Stanley, Follow is an 8 session DVD-driven study that will take your group “on a journey through the Gospels, tracing Jesus’ teaching on what it means to follow.”
Back when this series was being given at North Point, I downloaded these messages and listened to them multiple times. Andy Stanley’s way of explaining what it means to follow Jesus is very easily understood and I shared it with many of my friends. It might be my favorite Andy Stanley message series.
DVD-driven, each of the sessions is a 17 to 22 minute clip from an Andy Stanley message. One of the most compelling communicators in America, this is must see TV. Never flashy or fancy, Stanley is known for his ability to draw out life-changing truth and deliver it in a way that is both inspiring and very memorable. Follow is an excellent example of his pattern of taking difficult or challenging ideas and presenting them in a way that leads to application.
The DVD also includes a selection of promotional resources (bulletin inserts, postcard templates, poster and powerpoint slide) making Follow a study that could be used effectively as a church-wide campaign. The only thing missing is a set of transcripts, but the inclusion of complete messages (along with the message clips) would enable a pastor to see and hear how the whole package works.
The participant’s guide includes everything you need to unpack the profound set of ideas that form the basis of this series:
- A well-designed discussion starter helps the group take a first look at the topic.
- A video overview and a section for taking notes enables a look ahead at the teaching to come and a place to jot down key ideas.
- A great set of discussion questions that will help group members dig deep into the content.
- Mileposts keep your members focused on the central truths.
- Moving Forward and Changing Your Mind provide direction for next steps.
- 5 short devotional segments help set up the next session.
- Every participant guide also includes a very complete leader’s guide (making it possible for groups to rotate facilitators).
When I saw that they’d taken the content and created an 8 week small group curriculum, I was so excited for you! This is a powerful study. Your small group members need this content. I love Follow and I think you will too!