[quote]Do your members even know their neighbors? Do you know your neighbors? Why not take the first step this summer and begin or deepen relationships with the folks on your street? It’s not hard, they rarely bite, it honors God, and exponential outreach depends on connections beyond the circle.
Here are our 10 best ideas. Is there a great one we missed? Use the comments to add it to the list!
- Host a block party on Labor Day.
- Invite your neighbors over for theme night dinner (Mexican, Italian, Low Carb…not really)
- Game night (Bunko, Poker, Pictionary, etc.)
- Build Your Own Ice Cream Sundae (build your own pizza)
- John’s Incredible Pizza
- Picnic at the neighborhood park
- Meat and Greet (pull out your grills, B.Y.O. meat)
- Movie Night outside (or in)
- Garage Sale in the neighborhood
- Progressive Dinner on the block
Top 5 Family Friendly “Invite the Block” Activities
- Redneck Pool Party (line your pickup truck, fill with water, invite the kids)
- Water balloon war
- Tailgate Party
- Kickball Tournament (challenge the next street over)
- Slip-n-slide your cares away