Need a little push in order to get moving? Try this simple exercise to identify some next steps. It's based on this great Andy Stanley line:
"Your ministry is perfectly designed to produce the results you're currently experiencing."
The exercise? There are two steps.
First, make a list of all the individual components in your small group ministry (i.e., finding new leaders, starting new groups, connecting people to groups, coaching, etc.).
Next, examine each component individually and begin to list all of the results you can think of.
- If you have a team, do this as a team.
- You might use a whiteboard or flip chart.
- Don't distinguish between positive and negative results (if you're not identifying both positive and negative results, you're not thinking carefully enough).
- Celebrate the positive results!
- Develop a list of the negative results, prioritizing those that would have the greatest impact if they were different.
Remember, the results you're currently experiencing are directly related to your ministry design. They aren't coincidences or flukes. If you want different results, you'll need to change the design.