If you want to reach people no one else is reaching, you need to do things no one else is doing. Craig Groeschel
That makes a lot of sense, doesn’t it? After all, if what we’re doing now was capable of reaching them…it would already be working.
I love Groeschel’s line, but I like to add that the people we’re not currently reaching are most likely the widening 60% who are unreachable with the attractional model.
Where do we come in? Easy. While the 60% may be unreachable with the attractional model (come to our building), they are very reachable with a “come over to our house” approach. They may not ever accept your invitation to “come to our Easter service,” but they’ll find irresistible the right “let’s have a block party” approach.
Want to be part of making that happen? It will take something different. In some cases, it will take something completely different. And that completely different is at the heart of what I’m referring to when I talk about grouplife at crowd’s edge.
Keys to GroupLife at Crowd’s Edge
I’m beginning to realize that these keys to grouplife at crowd’s edge are a deeply embedded philosophy for me. In many ways they are non-negotiables.
Here are what I believe are some of the keys to grouplife at crowd’s edge:
- You need A Bias Toward New Groups
- You need to be Preoccupied with the Needs and Interests of the Right People
- You need An Openness to New Ideas
- You need to know that “Messy” Comes with the Territory
- You need A Willingness to Set Aside Your Own Interests
- You need to develop an “In” But Not “Of” M.O. (way of operating)
- You need to embrace Crowd Friendly Leader Qualification
- You need An Unwavering Sense of Direction
- You need a willingness to Build the Bridge as You Walk On It
As I post this list today, I know I’m not finished. As more keys occur to me, I’ll add them. You might have some ideas about other keys to grouplife at crowd’s edge and I’d love your input.
What do you think? Want to argue or add to to the list? Got a question? You can click here to jump into the conversation.